Talk to an Immigration Expert: 289-387-4452

Spousal sponsorship in Canada

You can sponsor your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, together with your/his/her dependent children 19 years old or younger, who are not married or in a common-law relationship ship, or are disable dependants. You can apply for the sponsorship from within or outside of Canada; however, you must consider the advantages and disadvantages of each avenue before submitting your application.

Your spouse-applicant for permanent residence does not need to have a legal status in Canada in order to apply in this category.

If your spouse–applicant is in Canada, he/she can apply for an open work permit that allows him/her to work for any employer anywhere in Canada, provided that the permanent residence application has been approved in principle.

If you have been married for less than 2 years or do not have children with your spouse, your spouse may yet be granted a conditional permanent residency. This means that you will have to cohabit with your spouse in a conjugal relationship for two years after your spouse has been granted the conditional permanent residency for him/her to become a permanent resident.

Let us determine the best method to take on your application

Client Success Stories

Make a Payment Now