Condor Immigration Solutions

Work Permits

Work Permits

Working in Canada not only strengthens your qualifications for permanent residency but also paves the way for securing a job offer that can support your permanent residence application. There are two main types of work permits in Canada: open work permits and employer-specific work permits.

Open work permits grant you the flexibility to work for any employer in any occupation and can be utilized anywhere in Canada.  These permits are typically issued to various groups, including family members of international students and foreign workers, international graduates in Canada (through the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program – PGWP), citizens of countries participating in the International Experience Canada program, and applicants who have submitted an application for permanent residence.

On the other hand, employer-specific work permits are contingent upon a job offer based on a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or special agreements, such as Free Trade Agreements with Mexico, the United States, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Panama, the European Union, Japan, Australia, Peru, and Malaysia, as well as the Francophone Mobility program, among others.

Let us thoroughly analyze your individual circumstances to determine the best pathway for you. Your journey to employment and potential permanent residency in Canada begins here.