Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic
- August 14, 2020
- Posted by: CMSadmin
- Category: Uncategorized
To qualify, individuals must meet all of the following criteria:
- “have claimed asylum before March 13, 2020
- were issued a work permit after they made a claim for asylum
- have worked in the health-care sector, in health institutions (for example, hospitals, long-term care homes, home care through an organization or agency, assisted living facilities)
- have worked in a designated occupation for no less than 120 hours between March 13, 2020 and August 14, 2020. The designated occupations that are included in this special measure are orderlies, nurses, nurses’ aides and patient service associates, assistant orderlies and certain home support workers.
- demonstrate 6 months of experience in the designated occupation before being granted permanent residence. Applicants will have until August 31, 2021 to acquire this experience.
- have a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), if wishing to reside in Quebec
- meet existing admissibility requirements, including those related to criminality, security and health” (source www.canada.ca)
- Read More